Monday, March 28, 2016

Trouble With The 3D Printer

It didn't take long for things to go off the rails.  I was working on printing a toothpaste squeezer when my y-axis pulley came loose from the y-axis stepper motor.  Some quick analysis revealed that the slices of the parts were out of alignment in one direction only.


The set screws on the pulley that came with the kit required a 2mm allen wrench to cinch down.  They were pretty scrawny to say the least.  I quickly ordered a different set from Amazon and replaced the parts that came with the printer.

After the new parts, it's been working wonderfully.  Look at all the money I'm already saving!*





* This is sarcasm.  I'm under no illusion that buying this thing is ever going to pay for itself.  It's a hobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment